Friday, October 24, 2008

Goddess Images

I am enthralled with the Goddess Watercolors painted by Judith Heartsong. To me, they are reminiscent of archetypes (specifically The Muse) as part of the collective unconscious.


Printed with Permission from Judith Heartsong--©Judith Heartsong--All Rights Reserved

My Muse is an important invisible companion and inspirational partner. Every day I take a quiet time--a time out. Often I think in images during this quiet meditative time. It is my job to make these images real. After "seeing" an image, that image must come into being. It stays with me until I make the photograph. When nothing happens during a time out, I wait. Either now, or at another time, ideas will show up.

My Muse also visits when I am moving interesting objects around and playing with setups. After a few maneuvers, the composition looks "right." Then it is time to shoot. Over time, photographs find you. Your job is to recognize them when they show up.


Suggestion: Take a time out every once in a while and let ideas come to you.


To see more of Judith Heartsong's work click on the Goddess painting above or go to:

Collection: Art & Color.

To see her reference photographs go to Flickr: judith heartsong's Photostream.

Judith Heartsong's journal is at: Judith HeartSong

A draft of this article was written yesterday, edited (after receiving permission to use image) and posted Saturday, October 25, 2008.

2 comments:

Sage Ravenwood said...

I have had the honor of obtaining 2 of her paintings for my home. One was from the Goddess series (which my daughter wanted for her own home) The other was a painting that had personal meaning to her....that I cherish greatly. They were won with Artsy Essay writings. I was delighted to see we had friends in common, Judith and Rebecca. (Hugs)Indigo

Judith HeartSong said...

Thanks so much for the beautiful post Elisabeth, I am honored.