Monday, September 7, 2009

Jade

"Every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better." --Emile Coue.

Yesterday we went back to the gem show. I love stones. Every year this show is my opportunity to treat myself. Jade is a soothing stone and promotes balance, harmony, prosperity and happiness. Simply holding jade brings on those feelings for me. This year I decided to treat myself to this jade necklace. The weight reminds me to stay positive and the hand-carved beads will (hopefully) keep me focused on creativity and creating.


I would like to know what the carving on each bead represents. So far, I haven't been able to figure them out. Tonight may be Chinese Buffet night (so we can get a translation).





BEAD AND CLASP DETAIL--Photographs by Elisabeth Bacon 2009--All Rights Reserved



Sitting outside the gem show, these bricks caught my attention with their ancient hieroglyphic-like appearance.


BRICKS--Photograph by Elisabeth Bacon 2009

All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

Light and Voices said...

YEA...these beads certainly will remind you to stay positive and will spread wellness thoughout your body. As always your photos are wonderful!
Joyce