Saturday, December 22, 2012

Sometimes Santa Drives a Tow Truck


This morning…with high winds a-blowing...I hopped in my car (at the Post Office).  And…it wouldn’t start. Key not turning. Ignition locked up. No amount of pumping, wiggling, kicking ,or jumping up and down, worked. Stuck, stuck, stuck.


Did you know? Auto mechanics don't work on the Saturday before Christmas?  Or, if some are working, I couldn't find them.

Finally, located a working tow truck.  Hooray!

While waiting, the Post Office closed and the tow truck arrived to an empty parking lot (except for me and my little car). A scruffily-bearded man hopped into the car.  He hit the inserted key with all his might.  And...BAM! Eureka! The car started.  Wow! 

“What do I owe you?”

“Nothing.”

NOTHING!?!?!!!!!

“Nothing.”

Another WOW! 

So…my dear friends, if you ever wonder where Santa is, he is alive, well and may occasionally be driving a tow truck in NC.
* * * * * * * *
Merry Christmas one and all.....and...a very Merry Christmas to Santa! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

No comments: