Saturday, February 7, 2009


"If you would keep your secret from an enemy, tell it not to a friend." --Benjamin Franklin

A Word to the Wise

Helping is an admirable attribute, however...be careful. Your helping hand could come back and smack you. Before you share, think twice especially if your sharing has to do with your career--your passion. I take stock with the old adage that "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." When a friend copies your style, or suggests that they plan to do what you are doing, it hurts and there is only one person to blame. Guess who? YOU!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


STUDIO SHADOWS
Photograph by Elisabeth Bacon 2009
All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

~Rebecca Anne~ said...

I usually love to help, in most every aspect in life there is to be found. However, there's one place I've pulled back on my helping spirit. And thats in the art of writing itself. I've fallen several times into that cycle and found each time a bitter taste in my mouth. For one, I write, but I am not a 'writer' and by all accounts have no business critiqing and suggesting to another. Not qualified! And second, when I've tried to walk that path, I've discovered my style copied, shadowed and generally swallowed whole. A sticky room to enter no matter how one goes about doing it.
Rebecca