Friday, November 21, 2008

Playing with "Sloppy" Journal Pages

While creating a sloppy art journal page, I discovered several things...the main thing being: I don't like doing them. I have trouble being "sloppy" with my art and my work. So, it is back to Photoshop for me. In Photoshop, I can clean up my handcrafted journal pages and make them better. Too many years have been invested in learning how to do things well. I will continue to draw in my journals and write down ideas as they surface for use later. However, doing a sloppy ART JOURNAL is not going to happen any time soon. Excellence and quality are primary around here..."sloppy" is out.


Page and Images
© Elisabeth Bacon 2008
All Rights Reserved


1 comment:

Light and Voices said...

I am so glad that penmenship was brought up on your blog. My dad was taught the Palmer Method in a one room schoolhouse. He had such lovely handwriting. He told me that he used his whole arm, not just fingers. He owned fancy fountain pens. Classy handwriting was IN. Sloppy handwriting was OUT. What will the future hold?
Joyce