Friday, May 28, 2010

Miracles Do Happen--Day 9/14 Images To Date

Yesterday I found a used Airdyne Exercise Bike for $30. Now over twenty years ago, I sat on an Airdyne and fell in love with it. It was too rich for my blood and I had to pass. However, I made a mental note: If I ever would see a used Airdyne at a reasonable price, I would get it. Now, twenty years later, I found it! Ask and receive. How simple is that?

Sitting near the bike was an IBM electric typewriter with ribbons. I have missed typing on an electric typewriter. Don't ask me why because I don't know. With all the things computers do, why would anyone in their right mind want a typewriter. Well, perhaps I am old school. I love to hear clicking of typewriter keys and the ding at the end of each line. So...work on the book will begin on the typewriter, then be transferred to the computer. I cannot tell you how thrilled I am to be physically cutting and pasting while adding lots of handwritten notes--a true, real authentic first draft!

We also found a General Electric Waffle Grill. The reverse side of the waffle panels is for pancakes. We have an earlier model and it is on its last legs. So...now we have backup. Yea! There is nothing like a grilled cheese sandwich done on a waffle grill! No plain buttered and toasted bread here...we have checkerboard squares.

After reading other journals...successful ones, I am in a quandary. Is it really necessary to swear a lot in a blog? I don't get it. I know the words, yet wonder how crucial they are to content. Something I need to think about. My take on this is: If a person doesn't have to swear, then...why do it?

No comments: